the situation is : For exaple : the origin value the column I specify as the business timestamp is : 1499735916686, converted to beijing time shoule be 2017-07-11 09:18:36,
but when searching data the web GUI shows the value is : 2017-07-11 01:18:36.
How Hbase save the data? as 1499735916686 or 2017-07-11 01:18:36?  Or when the convertion of long to timestamp  happens?

junpan2@iflytek.com

From: ShaoFeng Shi
Date: 2017-07-14 10:37
To: user
Subject: Re: Question Of TimeZone
The timestamp in Cube has no timezone info. If you want to convert it to a specific timezone, the application side need do the conversion.

In Calcite's online document (https://calcite.apache.org/docs/reference.html), there is this statement:

DATE, TIME and TIMESTAMP have no time zone. There is not even an implicit time zone, such as UTC (as in Java) or the local time zone. It is left to the user or application to supply a time zone

Hi,
      Recently I tried to use Kylin Streaming to do something,but I got some problems:
First I specified  a longmills column ENDTIME  as  the timestamp column,and used a derived column  MIMUTE_START .
After I succeeded to bulid a cube and began to serarch data from the WEB GUI, I faced the following situation:
the value of the column I specified  and the derived column has 8 HOURS difference with the corrent time they present.
I guess the problem is due to TIMEZONE, so I tried to change "GMT" to "GMT+08" in the kylin original code.
Unfortunately,it does not work! So what I need to do to solve this problem?
Thanks!

For examples:
the columns ENDTIME and MINUTE_START is 2017-07-11 01:18,
actually,they should be 2017-07-11 09:18.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋