kylin-user mailing list archives

From ShaoFeng Shi <shaofeng...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kylin for MapR
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2017 14:54:06 GMT
The core modules like core-cube, core-storage are totally independent of
HBase; while some others like engine-mr, engine-spark has dependencies on
HBase. If you want to replace it, you need implement new cubing engine as
well. Please also note that Kylin's metadata is persisted to HBase by
default, you need have another implementation for ResourceStore.

In a short, the plug-in architecture works (we have verfied that), while
changing the storage is a complex task which take some time to be function
complete and performance stable.