kylin-user mailing list archives

From Nirav Patel <npa...@xactlycorp.com>
Subject Re: Kylin for MapR
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 21:19:22 GMT
Yes, MapR-DB doesn't support coprocessors.

Here's the thing though - based on kylin plugin architecture it shouldn't
be a problem ideally. Aggregation as well as other DML/DDL operation on
datasources should be done transparently. i.e. using kylin-hbase adapter
written with calcite or something. It's upto the writer of those adapters
to implement aggregates however they want. i.e. either using coprocessors,
or in-memory on application server side or using spark.
http://kylin.apache.org/development/plugin_arch.html

I think for mapr-db we can leverage mapr-drill with secondary indexes for
faster filtering and drill does parallel aggregation as well. Other option
is to use mapr-spark with mapr-db which can does the same.

Do you know how tightly hbase is coupled with other modules of kylin source
other then hbase-storage.