kylin-user mailing list archives

From Sonny Heer <sonnyh...@gmail.com>
Subject Hive table design (multiple fact tables or rolled up)
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2017 20:48:45 GMT
Hi I'm somewhat new to Kylin.  we have a relational db schema imported into
hive as is at the moment.  The schema is highly normalized with lots of
tables.  I can see this database having multiple fact tables or a handful
of fact tables.

In Kylin I see when creating a model (star) you have the option to pick a
single fact table...meaning there is a single cube per fact table.  Please
provide pros/cons on running transformations to denormalize the tables into
a single table vs keeping lots of tables with many fact/lookup tables.

In short:
should we do any transformations in Hive before presenting the tables to
kylin for cubing?...

Thanks