kylin-user mailing list archives

From Sonny Heer <sonnyh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive table design (multiple fact tables or rolled up)
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2017 01:13:22 GMT
Let me put it anther way.  assume a SALES table and a PRODUCT table.  This
is not highly normalized in the grand scheme of things, but somewhat.  The
question is what benefit is there to denormalize this further into a single
table for kylin.  i read something about hierarchical dimensions.  So from
Kylin perspective which is better. have one-to-many in a single table or
some normalized form?

--

Pushpinder S. Heer
Senior Software Engineer