Hi Berry,

Did you try to start Kylin with java 1.7? Yes by default Kylin uses the HBase's java to startup; You can add "export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.111-2.6.7.2.el7_2.x86_64/" in $KYLIN_HOME/bin/setenv.sh, and then HBase should use the specifiied java.

We use SUN JDK in most environments, not get much feedback on OpenJDK 1.8; For the ClassNotFound exception, do you have the detail stacktrace?

Hello

I’m trying to connect out Kylin installation to an LDAP server, as we are required to have that before we put any solution into production. But I’m facing a problem. When I start Kylin, this is what I get in the log.

2017-01-24 07:12:06,110 WARN  [localhost-startStop-1] support.XmlWebApplicationContext:487 : Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean definition with name 'ldapSource' defined in class path resource [kylinSecurity.xml]: Input length must be multiple of 16 when decrypting with padded cipher; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Input length must be multiple of 16 when decrypting with padded cipher

2017-01-24 07:12:06,111 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1] context.ContextLoader:331 : Context initialization failed

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Invalid bean definition with name 'ldapSource' defined in class path resource [kylinSecurity.xml]: Input length must be multiple of 16 when decrypting with padded cipher; nested exception is java.lang.RuntimeException: Input length must be multiple of 16 when decrypting with padded cipher

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:209)

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties(PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:222)

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyResourceConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertyResourceConfigurer.java:84)

        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:699)

        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:674)

        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:461)

        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.configureAndRefreshWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:410)

        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:306)

        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:112)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:5068)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5584)

        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:147)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:899)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:875)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1092)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1984)

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Input length must be multiple of 16 when decrypting with padded cipher

        at org.apache.kylin.rest.security.PasswordPlaceholderConfigurer.decrypt(PasswordPlaceholderConfigurer.java:84)

        at org.apache.kylin.rest.security.PasswordPlaceholderConfigurer.resolvePlaceholder(PasswordPlaceholderConfigurer.java:90)

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.resolvePlaceholder(PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:162)

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer$PropertyPlaceholderConfigurerResolver.resolvePlaceholder(PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:272)

        at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.parseStringValue(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:146)

        at org.springframework.util.PropertyPlaceholderHelper.replacePlaceholders(PropertyPlaceholderHelper.java:125)

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer$PlaceholderResolvingStringValueResolver.resolveStringValue(PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:257)

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.resolveStringValue(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:282)

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.resolveValue(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:204)

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.visitPropertyValues(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:141)

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.BeanDefinitionVisitor.visitBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionVisitor.java:82)

        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.doProcessProperties(PlaceholderConfigurerSupport.java:206)

        ... 21 more

Caused by: javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException: Input length must be multiple of 16 when decrypting with padded cipher

        at com.sun.crypto.provider.CipherCore.doFinal(CipherCore.java:934)

        at com.sun.crypto.provider.CipherCore.doFinal(CipherCore.java:845)

        at com.sun.crypto.provider.AESCipher.engineDoFinal(AESCipher.java:446)

       at javax.crypto.Cipher.doFinal(Cipher.java:2165)

        at org.apache.kylin.rest.security.PasswordPlaceholderConfigurer.decrypt(PasswordPlaceholderConfigurer.java:81)

This is the ldap part of the configuration file

ldap.server=ldap://<FULL HOSTNAME>:389

ldap.username=<FULL DN TO USER>

ldap.password=70tIoIdndG4eYPU5XWsqxNZZ9VlKAwKj19JR6vfEphw=

# LDAP user account directory;

ldap.user.searchBase=<VALID DN>

ldap.user.searchPattern=(memberOf=<VALID GROUP>)

ldap.user.groupSearchBase=<GROUP SEARCH BASE>

All parameters are used in other LDAP integrations (Like SSSD, Ambari, Ranger, Atlas….) so I know that those are right. I got the hashed password by running this command. By the way, the org.apache.kylin.rest.security.PasswordPlaceholderConfigurer class gets classNotFound exception if I run it with Java 1.8. Just so you know…. 1.7 works better

cd /opt/kylin-1.6.0/tomcat/webapps/kylin/WEB-INF/lib

/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.111-2.6.7.2.el7_2.x86_64/bin/java -classpath kylin-server-base-1.6.0.jar:spring-beans-3.2.17.RELEASE.jar:spring-core-3.2.17.RELEASE.jar:commons-codec-1.7.jar org.apache.kylin.rest.security.PasswordPlaceholderConfigurer AES <PASSWORD 18 CHARS LONG>

If I understand everything correctly, Kylin is executed with the Java versions that HBase is running. And the version I have is 1.8.0_112

Can anybody give me some info on how to solve this problem? I really like to install Kylin on our production servers so I can play with real data

Best Regards

Berry Österlund

Sweden

--