kylin-user mailing list archives

From Österlund Berry <berry.osterl...@scania.com>
Subject RE: Password decrypting and LDAP
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 12:41:47 GMT
Let me try different passwords, and different length and I’ll get back with the result.

From: ShaoFeng Shi [mailto:shaofengshi@apache.org]
Sent: den 24 januari 2017 13:39
To: user <user@kylin.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Password decrypting and LDAP

In your password is there some non-ascii character? I'm wondering what can cause its encrypted
values be different with others; This post (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17234359/javax-crypto-illegalblocksizeexception-input-length-must-be-multiple-of-16-whe)
mentioned: "you are only able to encrypt data in blocks of 128 bits or 16 bytes. That's why
you are getting that IllegalBlockSizeException exception."

Besides, there should be a way to bypass this in Kylin; If you still don't have progress,
we can try that.

Hi

I also tried (sorry for not writing that) to run with a correct JAVA_HOME, but it still picks
the 1.8 version from HBase. I’m sure that I can force it to use 1.7, but I found another
interesting thing that I look into now.

If I use my own account and password as the serviceaccount for Kylin (my password is 9 chars
long), I get passed that error. Now, I don’t have the correct permissions in the AD so I
can’t use my account for that. But it’s interesting that it looks like it’s the password
length that affects this. I have ordered a new account with a 15 char long password to test
it out. Once I get it, I’ll update with more information.

Best Regards
Berry