kylin-user mailing list archives

From ShaoFeng Shi <shaofeng...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Codec of decimal (10,6)
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2016 07:20:35 GMT
Hi Alberto,

User need aware that Cube only has aggregated data, no raw data; at the
very begining Kylin will throw error on query like "select * "; but to
provide a better user experience (also to support some BI tools which need
load a subset data to warm up), Kylin answers such query from the base
cuboid (group by all dimensions). The measure column value will be the
aggregated value; So user could not directly compare the "select *" result
from a cube with the source data. If you're comparing the aggregated
queries, I believe they are totally the same.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋