kylin-user mailing list archives

From "Niasari, Mehrdad" <mehrdad.nias...@rbc.com>
Subject RE: Empty Cube
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 21:17:30 GMT
The range is up to 2015 and that’s not the problem.

The only query that doesn’t return zero/empty result is from table kylin_cal_dt. When I
delete this table from hive, still the result is not empty and Kylin doesn’t complain! Where
does Kylin bring the data of this table even when it’s not on hive?
Also I checked the cube itself on Hbase and it’s empty. Any other suggestion? Can it be
because of some wrong configuration in connecting Kylin to Hive/Hbase? If that’s the case
why it can create the cube successfully?

Also I have a question regarding uuid. What is this for?
I’m asking this cause I cannot fully understand that why you have used a fixed value in
sample cube json files (for example for kylin_sales_cube uuid is: “2fbca32a-a33e-4b69-83dd-0bb8b1f8c53b”).
How come it doesn’t conflict if you run the sample cube multiple times?

Thanks,
Mehrdad

From: ShaoFeng Shi [mailto:shaofengshi@apache.org]
Sent: 2016, September, 01 9:01 PM
To: user
Subject: Re: Empty Cube

ok; The table "kylin_sales" contains data for 2012 and 2013, so need make sure the build range
covers these years; please have a check and I guess it is some minor mistake; BTW, empty cube
will return zero since it doesn't have data.

Thanks for the reply.

There is no error in the log. Also I checked the hive tables and they are not empty; I can
run any query on them using Hue and work well.

Also the size of cube in the cubes section in 0.00KB! But even with an empty cube the result
of queries on the tables should not be empty/zero, right?
Any other suggestion how to debug it?

Thanks,
Mehrdad