kylin-user mailing list archives

From ShaoFeng Shi <shaofeng...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Empty Cube
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 05:47:32 GMT
Hi Niasari,

During the query time, Kylin will not touch Hive, all queries will go to
HBase, so you still get results on kylin_cal_dt; If you also want to remove
that also in Kylin, please disable and then drop the cube.

For the empty cube, it is possible and allowed in Kylin; Thinking that an
user uses incremental build, and for a time period there is no source data,
so empty cube is expected. Of course you can configure Kylin to let it
report error when there is no source record, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1752

For the empty cube issue, I guess there is some thing wrong, making no data
be built into cube. If you want to get remote debug or support, please
contact me offline.