kylin-user mailing list archives

From udana pathirana <udana.pathir...@gmail.com>
Subject How does Kylin communicate with underlying Hadoop services ?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 02:00:27 GMT
I have some questions about how Kylin connects to different services

1) Does Kylin communicate with HBase using hbase-client library
(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.Connection) ? I assume it reads HBase
master node/port from the hbase-site.xml ?

2) Does Kylin communicate with Hive using JDBC/SQL protocol? Same as
Beeline ? If so, does it read Hive server/port from hive-site.xml ?

3) Does Kylin connect to ZK ? IF so why ? How does it connect ; using zkCli
or client library ?