kylin-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Syntax error in Kylin - even though query works in Hive
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 04:20:00 GMT
It worked. Thanks. It's pretty fast as well.

So now if you can explain how Kylin runs this in the background that would
be great -:) What I mean is - in this query I am grouping by:

group by part_dt, kylin_sales.LEAF_CATEG_ID, LSTG_FORMAT_NAME,
LSTG_SITE_ID, META_CATEG_NAME

Has Kylin already pre-built a "5 dimensional" array with all aggregates
such as sum(price), max(price) etc?

OR -

Does it build HBase table as follows?

Key:  (Dim1, Dim2..... DimN).
Value: Array of all aggregations (SUM, MAX etc)

& when a query is triggered combines the Dimensions that are not
specified?  Or some other way?

Just want to understand how it behaves internally. Thanks.