kylin-user mailing list archives

Subject Query worked in Hive but not in Kylin
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2016 07:50:48 GMT
When I ran this:

select part_dt, LEAF_CATEG_ID, SELLER_ID, sum(price), max(price),
min(price) from kylin_sales group by part_dt, LEAF_CATEG_ID, SELLER_ID
order by part_dt, LEAF_CATEG_ID, SELLER_ID;

It worked in Hive but not in Kylin. After debugging I realized it was
because 'SELLER_ID' is not a Dimension so I tried this & it worked:

select part_dt, LEAF_CATEG_ID, LSTG_FORMAT_NAME, sum(price), max(price),
min(price) from kylin_sales group by part_dt, LEAF_CATEG_ID,
LSTG_FORMAT_NAME order by part_dt, LEAF_CATEG_ID, LSTG_FORMAT_NAME;

'cause LSTG_FORMAT_NAME is a Dimension.

Which begs a question, even though LEAF_CATEG_ID is NOT  dimension, how
come Kylin didn't complain? Cleary, I am not understanding something basic.
Sorry for the dumb question, but please help. Thanks.