the original JIRA for global dict is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1705, now it's pending on GUI part https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1904

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 2:01 PM, big data <bigdatabase@outlook.com> wrote:
Thank you ,Sun. I'm still downloading the code, so I first browse the
articles about Kylin dictionary, still some open questions about it:

1. This
article(http://kylin.apache.org/blog/2015/08/13/kylin-dictionary/)
describes the Trie structure for the dictionary, but I didn't catch the
generation of Seq No. in the Trie example. How dictonary generate the
seq no for each coming string?

2. If the string field is user id or device id with millions of (even
billiions of) UUID, the Trie will have fixed height (same length of
UUID, such as 32 bytes), so the dictionay will be too huge.  Does Kylin
still calculate the accurate cardinality value? or approprete value? And
How Kylin can keep the query performance for the huge one?

Thanks.

在 16/7/19 上午11:01, Yerui Sun 写道:

--
Regards,