kylin-user mailing list archives

From "Niasari, Mehrdad" <mehrdad.nias...@rbc.com>
Subject RE: beeline parameters error
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2016 14:52:50 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

So in my case I need to set it. Thus how can I fix the error I get?

Thanks,
Mehrdad

From: ShaoFeng Shi [mailto:shaofengshi@apache.org]
Sent: 2016, July, 06 10:45 AM
To: user@kylin.apache.org
Subject: Re: beeline parameters error

Hi Mehrdad,

The additional param is optional, it just depends on how you run beeline in the machine that
runs Kylin; In some customer's env, they can simply type "beeline" in shell and then run HQL,
in that case,  just leaves blank for "kylin.hive.beeline.params".

Hi there,

In sample kylin.properties on github (https://github.com/apache/kylin/blob/master/examples/test_case_data/sandbox/kylin.properties),
for beeline parameters value there is following part:

kylin.hive.beeline.params=-n root --hiveconf hive.security.authorization.sqlstd.confwhitelist.append='mapreduce.job.*|dfs.*'

What is this confwhitelist for? Is it mandatory or optional to set it to the mentioned value?

Also, when I try to run Kylin using this configuration, I get an error that this parameter
cannot be modified during runtime.
“Cannot modify hive.security.authorization.sqlstd.confwhitelist.append at runtime. It is
not in list of params that are allowed to be modified at runtime”

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mehrdad

If you received this email in error, please advise the sender (by return email or otherwise)
immediately. You have consented to receive the attached electronically at the above-noted
email address; please retain a copy of this confirmation for future reference.

Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur immédiatement, par
retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen. Vous avez accepté de recevoir le(s) document(s)
ci-joint(s) par voie électronique à l'adresse courriel indiquée ci-dessus; veuillez conserver
une copie de cette confirmation pour les fins de reference future.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi