kylin-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Li Yang <liy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Table cannot be found in Hive while it exits
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 19:24:53 GMT
Yes, pls open a JIRA if you think 'find-hive-dependency.sh' can be improved.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 4:54 AM, Niasari, Mehrdad <mehrdad.niasari@rbc.com>
wrote:

> It was already in hive table.
>
>
>
> The problem is now solved. The reason was, find-hive-dependency.sh
> couldn’t find the proper path of hive-site.xml and thus Kylin wasn’t able
> to connect to hive metastore.
>
> I changed the  script and it works now.
>
> Do you think I should report this issue to the community? It seems for
> some hive version the script doesn’t work well.
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* Li Yang [mailto:liyang@apache.org]
> *Sent:* 2016, July, 12 2:47 PM
> *To:* user@kylin.apache.org
> *Subject:* Re: Table cannot be found in Hive while it exits
>
>
>
> To troubleshoot, first questions is does kylin_poc_db.kylin_intermediate_kylin_sales_cube_desc_20120101000000_20140928124000
> really exist? It should be created in Step 1. If it's not there, then
> perhaps something was wrong in Step 1 (even though it looks successful).
>
>
>
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 2:32 AM, Niasari, Mehrdad <mehrdad.niasari@rbc.com>
> wrote:
>
> When I run sample.sh, it can create the intermediate table in step 1 in
> hive, but it cannot find it in step2.
>
> I’m using beeline to connect to hiveserver2 instead of hive cli.
>
> Also I’m using kylin-1.5.2.1 and Hive 1.2.1.2.3.2.0-2950
>
>
>
>
>
> I read some discussion about it,(here
> <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/kylin-dev/201601.mbox/%3CCAPprPdTuLk1fV-ee%2BV54Gs%2Bh0f-6aV-Os5%3DBgBBNKRumxwS21A%40mail.gmail.com%3E>)
> and it seems it has something to do with hive.metastore.uri. I checked my
> hive-site.xml and hcatalog configurations and everything seems fine.
>
> How can I debug this issue?
>
> I also checked hive-classpath, but how to make sure it has the correct
> value?
>
>
>
> It’s becoming a big issue for me. Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mehrdad
>
>
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException:
> NoSuchObjectException(message:kylin_poc_db.kylin_intermediate_kylin_sales_cube_desc_20120101000000_20140928124000
> table not found)
>
>         at
> org.apache.kylin.source.hive.HiveMRInput$HiveTableInputFormat.configureJob(HiveMRInput.java:86)
>
>         at
> org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.steps.FactDistinctColumnsJob.setupMapper(FactDistinctColumnsJob.java:111)
>
>         at
> org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.steps.FactDistinctColumnsJob.run(FactDistinctColumnsJob.java:91)
>
>         at org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.MRUtil.runMRJob(MRUtil.java:91)
>
>         at
> org.apache.kylin.engine.mr.common.MapReduceExecutable.doWork(MapReduceExecutable.java:121)
>
>         at
> org.apache.kylin.job.execution.AbstractExecutable.execute(AbstractExecutable.java:114)
>
>         at
> org.apache.kylin.job.execution.DefaultChainedExecutable.doWork(DefaultChainedExecutable.java:50)
>
>         at
> org.apache.kylin.job.execution.AbstractExecutable.execute(AbstractExecutable.java:114)
>
>         at
> org.apache.kylin.job.impl.threadpool.DefaultScheduler$JobRunner.run(DefaultScheduler.java:124)
>
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
>
>         at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
>
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________________________________
>
> If you received this email in error, please advise the sender (by return
> email or otherwise) immediately. You have consented to receive the attached
> electronically at the above-noted email address; please retain a copy of
> this confirmation for future reference.
>
> Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur
> immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen. Vous avez
> accepté de recevoir le(s) document(s) ci-joint(s) par voie électronique à
> l'adresse courriel indiquée ci-dessus; veuillez conserver une copie de
> cette confirmation pour les fins de reference future.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________________________________
>
> If you received this email in error, please advise the sender (by return
> email or otherwise) immediately. You have consented to receive the attached
> electronically at the above-noted email address; please retain a copy of
> this confirmation for future reference.
>
> Si vous recevez ce courriel par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur
> immédiatement, par retour de courriel ou par un autre moyen. Vous avez
> accepté de recevoir le(s) document(s) ci-joint(s) par voie électronique à
> l'adresse courriel indiquée ci-dessus; veuillez conserver une copie de
> cette confirmation pour les fins de reference future.
>
>

Mime
View raw message