kylin-user mailing list archives

From "Dong Li"<lid...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kylin cube partitioning strategy
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:51:11 GMT
Hi Norbert,

I tried SQL Workbench with Kylin jdbc driver, and found that even though NPE thrown from the
caller(WorkBench), we still can get query result in “Result" panel. Hoping it’s not blocking?
For this issue, let's track it onhttps://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1494

Thanks,
Dong Li

Original Message
Sender:Li Yangliyang@apache.org
Recipient:useruser@kylin.apache.org
Date:Tuesday, Mar 15, 2016 16:02
Subject:Re: Kylin cube partitioning strategy

 Does Kylin support an hourly partitioning strategy (yyyy-MM-dd-hh)? One of our incoming datasets
with which I want to create a cube is partitioned at the hourly level. If not, how do folks
handle this grain difference?

The "date format" of the partition date column can be set to include the hour. The "date format"
may not be editable in the GUI depending on the Kylin version you are using. What's your version?

 SQL Workbench seems not to play well with the Kylin JDBC driver (every query throws an NPE
atworkbench.sql.SqlCommand.processResults). Has anyone had luck with this setup?

This deserves a JIRA. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1494

* Does Kylin support an hourly partitioning strategy (yyyy-MM-dd-hh)? One of our incoming
datasets with which I want to create a cube is partitioned at the hourly level. If not, how
do folks handle this grain difference?

* SQL Workbench seems not to play well with the Kylin JDBC driver (every query throws an NPE
atworkbench.sql.SqlCommand.processResults). Has anyone had luck with this setup?

Norbert