kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Xiaoxiang Yu <xiaoxiang...@kyligence.io>
Subject Re: using mySql as metadata storage
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2019 06:53:50 GMT
Dear Sir,
    I want to share my opinion, and I will be glad if it could help you to make better decision.
    First, RDBMS metadata store is contributed by an experienced dev team which provided professional
solution based on Apache Kylin, they have verified its stability in their customer's prod
env before their contribution. After that, I have known some users which deployed Kylin on
AWS EMR, and they choose MySQL as metadata store, their Kylin is running smoothly for several
months.
    I think you could have a try by deploying a smaller Kylin cluster which use MySQL as metadata
store and monitor its stability. And if you face any issue in the future, please let us know
you problem, thank you.
Best wishes,
Xiaoxiang Yu

在 2019/11/14 13:57,“听风看雨”<jianyong_fu@qq.com> 写入:

    hey,
    may i ask, is now the support using mysql as metadata base stable? I've been looking through
kylin official website for some time, but found no more hints in release notes after version
2.5.0, are there any details neglected?
    best wishes!