kylin-dev mailing list archives

From ShaoFeng Shi <shaofeng...@apache.org>
Subject [Discuss] Won't ship Spark binary in Kylin binary anymore
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2019 02:42:22 GMT
Hello,

As we know Kylin ships a Spark in its binary package; The total package
becomes bigger and bigger as the version grows; the latest version (v2.6.1)
is bigger than 350MB, which was rejected by Apache SVN server when trying
to upload the new package. Among the 350MB, more than 200MB is Spark, while
Spark is not mandatory for Kylin.

So I would propose to exclude Spark from Kylin's binary package, from the
current v2.6.1; the user just needs to point SPARK_HOME to any a folder of
the expected spark version, or manually download and then put it to
KYLIN_HOME/spark.  All other behaviors are not impacted.

Just share your comments if any.

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC