kylin-dev mailing list archives

From ShaoFeng Shi <shaofeng...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to add a new database dialect
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2018 00:12:44 GMT
Hi Alone,

I think that is easy to add a new type of JDBC data source. You can follow
such steps:

1) add the dialect in
source-hive/src/main/java/org/apache/kylin/source/jdbc/JdbcDialect.java
2) implement a new IJdbcMetadata if GBase's metadata fetching is different
with others and then register it in JdbcMetadataFactory
3) you may need to customize the SQL for creating/dropping table in
JdbcExplorer for GBase

Kaige, Shaoxiong, and other developers can comment if missing something. We
can further abstract the interface and make it as pluggable, I think this
task is in the plan. Please take a try and let us know if you see the
problem.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋