kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Anmol Ghosh <anmolghosh2...@gmail.com>
Subject Writing plugins for Kylin
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2017 12:58:39 GMT
Hey,

With the introduction of Kylin v2,  Kylin now supports a plugin
architecture where a user is open to define his own source and storage (
reference <http://kylin.apache.org/development/plugin_arch.html)>). As I
understand, for this we will require developing adaptors for the respective
source/storage engine. I wanted to understand who and how these adapters
will be integrated to Kylin?

   - Is this something where a user, outside the Kylin Developer Community
   group, can develop a plugin which could be configured and integrated while
   setting up the Kylin.
   - Another scenario will be of Kylin's own developer community will
   gradually come with the adaptors for various emerging technology and the
   end user would be only provided options to select from a given current
   supported pool of sources/storages

In the former case, i.e. any developer, external or internal, can come up
with a plugin which could be integrated to Kylin by end-user, is this
process documented?

*Thanks & Regards,*
*Anmol Ghosh*
[mobile] +917836019775 *|* [skype] anmolghosh007 *|* [linkedIn]
*https://www.linkedin.com/in/anmolghosh
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/anmolghosh>*
[email] anmolghosh2692@gmail.com <anmol.ghosh@joshtechnologygroup.com>