kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Billy Liu <billy...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: [NOTICE] - analysis.apache.org closing down 14th January
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2016 10:01:39 GMT
It seems Kylin could have better infra if we leverage build.apache.org
also.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julian Hyde <jhyde@apache.org>
Date: 2016-12-18 8:08 GMT+08:00
Subject: Fwd: [NOTICE] - analysis.apache.org closing down 14th January
To: dev@calcite.apache.org

FYI - it is going to get easier to integrate Sonar into the Apache build
process. Does Calcite need Sonar?

Julian

analysis.apache.org <http://analysis.apache.org/> will be closed down and
> turned off on the 14th January 2017. So in a month from now.
>
> BUT! - There is Good News too!
>
> We have a replacement!.
>
> Instead of the current Sonar that requires a seperate Jenkins
installation that practically nobody has access to , and needs to
> be maintained as an extra service by Infra, we have created a new Sonar
instance that ties into LDAP and ties into the main
> builds.apache.org <http://builds.apache.org/> Jenkins instance.!
>
> What does that mean for you? Well, you get to configure and maintain your
own Sonar jobs using the existing Jenkins jobs
> you already have (or write new ones). You also get automatic permissions
to manage your Sonar analysis results.
>  It also means self-serve, no more having to create INFRA Jira tickets to
have jobs added or altered or fixed (unless you
> are really stuck of course!)
>
> Where is this new replacement? I want to get on it now! - Well, its at
https://builds.apache.org/analysis <https://builds.apache.org/analysis> -
its early days yet and
> not many projects to look at, but feel free to get started and get adding
your own. I’ll get some docs done soon so keep an
> ear out on the builds@apache.org <mailto:builds@apache.org> mailing list
for those. But it should be as easy as adding a sonar runner step to your
job
> and/or using a sonar:sonar mvn target etc.
>
> For those projects currently using analysis.apache.org <
http://analysis.apache.org/> - YOU need to migrate over to the new
self-serve system! You have 4 weeks
> to make the move over before we turn off the old system for good.
>
> Plugins: If you find the new service lacks a feature or plugin, file an
INFRA ticket and we will add it ASAP.

> What will happen to the analysis.apache.org <http://analysis.apache.org/>
DNS - thanks for asking! We will have it redirect to the new instance over
at
> builds.apache.org/analysis <http://builds.apache.org/analysis> .
>
> Questions? Im sure you have some, please send all your queries to the
main builds@apache.org <mailto:builds@apache.org> mailing list or file an
INFRA
> ticket if you get really stuck and builds@a.o <mailto:builds@a.o> is of
no help. Again, if you need to reply to this mail, reply-to