kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Li Yang <liy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kylin installation steps on CDH 5.7.x
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 07:17:25 GMT
You are pretty good. I think the warning is ignoreable.

> But it does explain what HBase/CDH client libraries I may need to install
on the node in order to be able to start Kylin....

It's briefly mentioned in "3. Make sure the user has the privilege to run
hadoop, hive and hbase cmd in shell."
The message is, the node need to have client lib and config to connect
hadoop/hive/hbase. And the shell commands `hive`, `hbase` must be
available, which `kylin.sh` will call to detect dependencies automatically.

Cheers
Yang