kylin-dev mailing list archives

From "13802880779@139.com" <13802880...@139.com>
Subject Re: how does Kylin decide which cube to use for the SQL query?
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 00:59:31 GMT
kylin will evaluate the cost and select the best way, but in our case, the evaluation is far
from perfect, so we have to create another project and cube;

中国移动广东有限公司 网管中心 梁猛
13802880779@139.com

From: zhong zhang
Date: 2016-01-22 07:50
To: dev
Subject: how does Kylin decide which cube to use for the SQL query?
Hi All,

After several cubes are built, we put a query in the UI.
How does Kylin decide which cube to use for this query?
My guess is that it is based on the join conditions in the
data model?

If we create two cubes with the exactly same data model
(same join conditions) but with different dimensions and
measures, how does Kylin know which cube to use for
a query?

Best regards,
Zhong