kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Han <luke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kylin cube cretion
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 15:25:56 GMT
Please refer comments inline.

Luke Han

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Indiradevi Gorijavolu <
indiradevig@lumeris.com> wrote:

> HI,
>
> I am Data warehouse engineer in BI Tools. I want to create cube in kylin
> cube.
> while I am creating kylin cube, have some doubts. Could you please carify
> my doubts.
>
> 1)how we will create dimension and fact table in hive, same like BI
> Dimension and fact table or we need to create different?
> *Create star-schame in Hive first and then sync up table's metadata to
> Kylin.*
>

> 2)what is the use Filter option? At what time we need to use?

*Filter it for user to add "where" clause to exclude some data from Hive
table*

> 3)i did not understand what is the use of "refresh settings" option?

*Which allow people to setup incremental refresh *

4)what is the use of advanced settings option? it is like aggregation in
> cube or some thing.

*Please go with basic and default settings first, there's automatic
generate for those settings which should only be touched when
user familiar with Kylin and deep understand about the design and query
pattern.*