kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release apache-kylin-1.1.1-incubating (release candidate 1)
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 21:08:06 GMT
+1

Downloaded, built on JDK 1.8/ubuntu, checked hashes, license, notice.

As an aside on your development process. It was difficult for me to make sure that the fix
for KYLIN-999 had made it into the code, in full. Luke’s comment in KYLIN-999 does not reference
a commit number. There are several commits in https://github.com/apache/incubator-kylin/commits/v1.1-release
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-kylin/commits/v1.1-release> with “KYLIN-999”
in the comment, but it is not clear that they constitute the whole fix. Luke’s comment says
"updated license file, pom and also cleaned up files” when in fact LICENSE has not been
changed in 5 months.

I deduce that the fix was to remove the offending fonts, and no change to the license file
was required, and therefore everything is fine. Still, Luke’s comment was misleading. Licensing
stuff needs to be bullet proof, so we need a clear audit trail. I suggest including a commit
URL whenever a bug is fixed, especially bugs as important as this one, so that people not
familiar with the bug can more easily review.

Julian