kylin-dev mailing list archives

From "tim" <675550...@qq.com>
Subject Kylin Cube Creation
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 03:51:29 GMT
Hello, I'm a student from SCUT.I'm interested in big data.Recently I want to test the big data
query ability of kylin,and met some problem when creating cube. I'm new here and eager to
get your help, thank you!

1.I load tables to hive by ETLtool kettle sucessfully,but when I try to load them to kylin
,it told me success but the file number and size displayed zero.So I try to add my my table
sql to kylin's create_sample_tables.sql, It create sucessfully this time but it obviously
not a good way to create tables . what's the difference between these two method. And how
can I load tables to kylin from hive in normal way.

2. When I build the sample cube ,It met error on the penultimate step ,the error information
is:  org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied. user=root is not
the owner of inode=null.  It seem like a permission problem, and I can't find the way out.

3.I want to test the big data query ability,about 1 billion,but kylin set its threshold value
as 2 million. I found the threshold setting in source code DictionaryGenerator.java and StorageContext.java
. Are there any other threshold setting? And what's next after I change the threshold value.

I build Kylin on Hadoop 2.5.0-cdh5.3.0;
                      hive-common-0.13.1-cdh5.3.0;
                      hbase-0.98.6-cdh5.3.0

                                           Regards