kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Akash Mishra <akash.mishr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Kylin versus Cloudera Impala
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 11:25:30 GMT
Hi Sun,

I don't see Impala competing with Kylin. Both of them have very different
use case. We have build an prediction system with reporting capability for
our client using Impala as Real Time SQL on Hadoop solution.

Impala is fast and works well with Point queries and aggregation within
same table. Most of our queries were completed in real time. We started
facing some problem for our reporting feature where there were lots of
aggregation and filtering happening between some tables. We had to write a
lot code for each aggregation and filtering. Mean while we found KYLIN and
found that we could use to to replace our Reporting feature from Impala to
KYLIN.
We still felt that both Impala and Kylin can stay in system and used as per
the requirement.

This is the beauty of Hadoop Ecosystem i like that we have lots of
different tools which can be used according to requirement.

--

With Sincere Regards,
Your's Sincerely,

Akash Mishra.

"Its not our abilities that make us, but our decisions."--Albus Dumbledore