kylin-dev mailing list archives

From "250635732@qq.com" <250635...@qq.com>
Subject Re: Re: Apache Kylin versus Cloudera Impala
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 03:08:15 GMT
Hi , Luke

Thanks for your prompt advice.

Yeah, the pre-calculation cube is an obvious advantage for OLAP engine. However, cube build
cost

may need to be leveraged over runtime scan / aggregation. We are expecting the performance
results

between Kylin and MPP sql engine like Impala, and we are just about to do that. Would share
more

valuable information AFAIK.

250635732@qq.com

From: Luke Han
Date: 2015-05-28 10:30
To: dev@kylin.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Kylin versus Cloudera Impala
Hi Sun,
    There's no benchmark from our side yet,especially in prod env. I'm also
very curious to know if someone did such comparison.

    The direct advantage for Kylin over Impala (include other MPP solution):
    1. Non-Invasive Design: you do not need to install any agent, library
or others in your existing Hadoop Cluster (Neither on Namenode or DataNode)
    2. Pre-Calculation result avoid runtime scan/aggregation, that mean you
could get result more faster in seconds latency over billions data.

     Thanks.

Luke

Best Regards!

Luke Han