kylin-dev mailing list archives

From jason zhong <hellowode...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: about the setting of time zone for Kylin
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 06:38:57 GMT
@dong
*Q*: 1, on web GUI, when we build a cube, a job is started, whose name is
based
on the selected date(suppose that partition column is date type) with PST
timezone, so could we change the default timezone to GMT or something else?
-----------------------------
*A*:In kylin.properties you can config  *kylin.rest.timezone*=*GMT+X* or
*GMT-X*  , e.g. you can config GMT+0 as GMT 0 timezone ,by default the
timezone is PST(GMT-8)

*Q:*2, when using RESTFUL API to rebuild a cube, we should assign the
startTime
and endTime as parameters in millseconds, so what's timezone will be used
internally?and also, can we adjust the timezone?
*A:* for cube build startTime and endTime,we use GMT+0 by default.
currently it's not configurable