kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Han <luke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kylin code base help needed
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 09:11:01 GMT
    Kylin using dictionary to encode dimension values from String/Date to
digital value only, which will reduce storage significantly.
    In query phase, when Kylin got result, it will decode and return
actually value to the client.

    Yang could have more detail comments for this.

    BTW, the intermedia files only be used by Kylin application, why you
need to decode it?
    Please feel free to let's know if you have more questions.

    Thanks.
Luke