kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Luke Han <luke...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Kylin code base help needed
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 09:01:11 GMT
Forward to mailing list for further support.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Abhishek Sinha <abhisheksinha1911@gmail.com>
Date: 2015-02-22 20:20 GMT+08:00
Subject: Kylin code base help needed
To: lukehan@apache.org

Hey,
I was looking at the Kylin code base(master) in order to understand the
flow and output of each of the steps in cube building process.

The first step which is "Create Intermediate hive table" can easily be
understood as the table is being created in Hive. However, further down the
line, "Build base cuboid" or the "N dimension cuboid" has its output being
created in a "tmp" folder in HDFS. I tried opening the 'part-r-00000' but
it seems that the output is encoded in some format(possibly byte array or
something).

Can you give me a little bit idea about the encoding technique that is
being used, and possibly how to decode and get the intermediate outputs.

Thanks and regards,

Abhishek Sinha