kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cube building VS cognos
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 05:47:43 GMT
This sounds like cognos is actually just building a few, possibly just one,
of the more detailed cubes expecting that queries will roll these up to get
effect of many of the less detailed cubes.  That is, it may not be building
all of the cubes requested.

Kylin, on the other hand, seems to be building up all requested cubes with
no optimization being imposed.

Note that these are my impressions based on seeing how new open source
software often behaves relative to older, more established alternatives,
not anything based on concrete information.  I look forward to being
contradicted by facts.