kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Santoshakhilesh <santosh.akhil...@huawei.com>
Subject Query About Dimensions
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 14:34:02 GMT
Hi All ,

     I have some query about the dimension options in Kylin.

     We have three options.

      Normal , Derived and Hierarchial.

     The Kylin GUI says that " A derived dimensions will be auto generated for lookup tables"
what is meaning of this ?

     About hierarchial dimension suppose I have a dimension table as;

     Areaid , areaname , province , city

     So in fact table I can just store the area id as foreign key and make the hiererchy dimension
area with  areaname->province->city  and I can drilldown the data from area to province
and city ?

     Is it possible for some one to explain these with a simple example , I have tried to
read couple of presentations of kylin but things are not very clear to me.

Regards,
Santosh Akhilesh
Bangalore R&D
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.

www.huawei.com
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by