kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Santoshakhilesh <santosh.akhil...@huawei.com>
Subject Suggestion required for Modelling with Kylin
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 12:01:41 GMT
Dear All ,

      I work for a telecom major in NMS/OSS domain.

      We have product which is responsible for performance monitoring of network.

      I have been assigned to evaluate Kylin for multi dimension queries.

      My Use case is as below.

      I collect performance indicator data from network elements every 15 minutes , network
elsements can be card , interface , device etc..

      I have a aggergation engine which does object aggergation every 15 minutes and time
aggergation evry hour , day , week , month , year.

      These dynamic datas need to be shown as report to user , which might be interested in
difefrent views.

      a) Total traffic by area

      b) Total bandwidth usage in particular area

      c) Total tarffic by service type like 3G , 2G , etc...

      d) Total bandwidth usage by user etc...

     So basically the raw data collected at 15 minutes and time aggergated by hourly , daily
, weekly , yearly , I need to show the report by different dimensions like area , service
type , user etc.. Our dimensions will be small but the raw data is large like every 15 minutes
I will collect from around 10 M resources and each resource will have 10-15 indicators.

      I have following queries;

      1) If I model my running data as fact table then this table will get refresh quite often
like every 15 mins , what will be impact of cube building at such short refresh levels.

      2) I understand Kylin has a roadmap of supporting streams , what kind be source inputs
for streaming Kylin has considered , is it only storm ? or also such as spark streaming  or
can it also support stream of Json encoded data over http ?

      3) What latency of queries I can expect if I have to query specific records over a day
, month or year.

     Any sugegstion regarding this is welcome.

Regards,
Santosh Akhilesh
Bangalore R&D
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.

www.huawei.com
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by