kylin-dev mailing list archives

From "Adunuthula, Seshu" <sadunuth...@ebay.com>
Subject Setting up Agile Processes for Kylin
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 18:33:53 GMT
Luke,

You may already be doing this, I would like to see Agile/SCRUM practices set up for Kylin.
 If you have not done this before I can help you with this process.

Some of the steps involved in setting up Agile:

Backlog: Prioritized List of User Stories (JIRA Issues)
Sprints (2 to 4 weeks)

Scrum Master: Runs the Sprints
Product Owner: Maintains the backlog
Sprint Team: Committers/Contributors to Kylin

Backlog Grooming: 1 week before the Sprint owned by Product Owner, prioritize the User Stories
Sprint Planning:  On the day of the sprint start . Assign Stories to Sprint Team, Cost the
stories, Identify committed stories to the  Sprint. Owned by Scrum Master
Daily Standups: 10 minutes (What happened today, what will you do tomorrow, Blockers), Owned
by Scrum Master
Sprint Review: End of the Sprint. Completed Stories, Demos Owned by Scrum Master.

We should make the Sprint Planning and Execution Reports public through Kylin website.

Ted,

Do you see any challenges with setting up an Agile model with  Apache way, especially when
we expand with outside committers?

Regards
Seshu Adunuthula