kylin-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Agile Processes for Kylin
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 19:15:45 GMT
On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 10:33 AM, Adunuthula, Seshu <sadunuthula@ebay.com>
wrote:

> Ted,
>
> Do you see any challenges with setting up an Agile model with  Apache way,
> especially when we expand with outside committers?

Not if the process is fairly open.

Keep in mind that committers can use whatever method they like to decide
what to work on.  That could be an external scrum meeting, for instance.

The technical decisions that are part of that work, however, should be
discussed on the dev list.  No technical decisions should be made
off-list.  Substantive discussions that affect those decisions can occur
off-list, but should be reported back to the list.