kudu-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Martynov <mr.xk...@gmail.com>
Subject Kudu CLI tool JSON format
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 13:08:25 GMT
Hi, guys!

We trying to use an output of "kudu cluster ksck master -ksck_format
json_compact" for integration with our monitoring system and hit a little
strange. Some part of output can't be read as UTF-8 with Python 3:
$ kudu cluster ksck master -ksck_format json_compact > kudu.json
$ python
with open(' kudu.json', mode='rb') as file:
  bs = file.read()
  bs.decode('utf-8')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x80 in position
705196: invalid start byte

There how SublimeText shows this block of text:
https://yadi.sk/i/4zpWKZ37iP8OEA
As you can see kudu tool encodes zeros as \u0000, but don't encode some
other non-text bytes.

What do you think about it?

--
with best regards, Pavel Martynov