kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Kudu CLI tool JSON format
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 16:43:46 GMT
I guess the issue is that we use rapidjson's 'String' support to write out
C++ strings, which are binary data, not valid UTF8. That's somewhat
incorrect of us, and we should be base64-encoding such binary data.

Fixing this is a little bit incompatible, but for something like partition
keys I think we probably should do it anyway and release note it,
considering partition keys are quite likely to be invalid UTF8.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera