kudu-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Serbin <aser...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: close Kudu client on timeout
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2019 19:51:35 GMT
Hi Boris,

Kudu servers have a setting for connection inactivity period: idle
connections to the servers will be automatically closed after the specified
time (--rpc_default_keepalive_time_ms is the flag).  So, from that
perspective idle clients is not a big concern to the Kudu server side.

As for your question, right now Kudu doesn't have a way to initiate a
shutdown of an idle client from the server side.

BTW, I'm curious what it was in your case you reported: were there too many
idle Kudu client objects around created by the same application?  Or that
was something else, like a single idle Kudu Java client that created so
many threads?

Thanks,

Alexey