kudu-user mailing list archives

From Cliff Resnick <cre...@gmail.com>
Subject using Kudu binary column in Impala
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2018 03:16:51 GMT
We're doing some testing storing Hyperloglog synopsis in Kudu.  It works
well in spark, but the hope is to also query through Impala with a UDF.
Spark would remain as the writer, with Impala read-only. To work with
Impala I'm wondering if it's best to define the HLL data as Kudu string
type with plain encoding, or perhaps it's possible to keep it as binary but
declare it as string in an external table definition? I presume the latter
is not possible since Kudu's generated external table script does not do
this. Please forgive me for not conducting my own experimentation but I
figured someone here has run up against this before, and if so please let
me know!

-Cliff