kudu-user mailing list archives

From "Roberto Cerioni, Paulo" <probertoceri...@rbbn.com>
Subject Kudu 300 columns limitation
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2018 16:51:32 GMT
Hello,

We have notice that Kudu has a limitation of 300 columns per table, but unfortunately we have
a table with 396 columns in our system, which violates this. We already tried to increase
the column limit to 400 and ingest data into that table and haven't notice any issues and
the performance looked good for us.

What is the underlying reason for this limit? Could you please share some information about
the known implications of exceeding this limit and the circumstances in which they can become
more apparent? Do you have an example of test case (be it regarding performance or functional)
which fails due to the use of tables with more than 300 columns?

Is it in the Kudu roadmap to provide support for higher number of columns in the future? Are
the any workarounds to use Kudu with more than 300 columns besides setting a higher maximum
value?

Thanks,
Paulo.