kudu-user mailing list archives

From Geetika Gupta <geetika.gu...@knoldus.in>
Subject Difference in count(*) result for KUDU and parquet
Date Thu, 10 May 2018 05:03:09 GMT
Hi community,

We executed the below command to load data in KUDU, but the table in which
we loaded the data has less number of rows. We executed the following
command:

insert into LINEITEM select * from PARQUETIMPALA500.LINEITEM

This query was successful, but when we tried the count(*) on both the
tables, row count was different:

0: jdbc:hive2://slave2:21050/default> select count(*) from lineitem
536870912

0: jdbc:hive2://slave2:21050/default> select count(*) from
parquetimpala500.lineitem;
3000028242

We are loading 500GB of TPCH data in kudu from parquet table.

--
Regards,
Geetika Gupta