kudu-user mailing list archives

From 张晓宁 <zhangxiaon...@jd.com>
Subject Follow-up for "Kudu cluster performance cannot grow up with machines added"
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2018 02:08:37 GMT
To your and Brock’s questions, my answers are as below.

What client are you using to benchmark? You might also be bound by the client performance.
My Answer: we are using many force testing machines to test the highest TPS on kudu. Our testing
client should have enough ability.
I'd verify that the new nodes are assigned tablets? Along with considering an increase the
number of partitions on the table being tested.
My Answer: Yes, with machines added each time, I created a new table for testing so that tablets
can be assigned to new machines. For the partition strategy, I am using 2-level partitions:
the first level is a range partition by date(I use 3 partitions here, meaning 3-days data),
and the second level is a hash partition(I use 3, 6, and 9 respectively for the clusters with
3, 6, and 9 tservers).