kudu-user mailing list archives

From Cliff Resnick <cre...@gmail.com>
Subject "broadcast" tablet replication for kudu?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 14:42:30 GMT
We will soon be moving our analytics from AWS Redshift to Impala/Kudu. One
Redshift feature that we will miss is its ALL Distribution, where a copy of
a table is maintained on each server. We define a number of metadata tables
this way since they are used in nearly every query. We are considering
using parquet in HDFS cache for these, and Kudu would be a much better fit
for the update semantics but we are worried about the additional
contention.  I'm wondering if having a Broadcast, or ALL, tablet
replication might be an easy feature to add to Kudu?

-Cliff