kudu-user mailing list archives

From Dan Burkert <danburk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "broadcast" tablet replication for kudu?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 19:00:32 GMT
On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Clifford Resnick <cresnick@mediamath.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for that, glad I was wrong there! Aside from replication
> considerations, is it also recommended the number of tablet servers be odd?

No, so long as you have enough tablet servers to host your desired
replication factor you should be fine.  In production scenarios we
typically recommend at least 4, since if you are 3x replicated and suffer a
permanent node failure, the 4th node comes in handy as a fail-over target
(Kudu will do this automatically).  But above and beyond that you don't
need to worry about odd/even WRT number of tablet servers.

- Dan