kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Kudu as a Graphite backend
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2018 18:27:52 GMT
Hey Mark,

Yea, I wrote the original Graphite integration in the samples repo several
years ago (prior to Kudu 0.5 even), but it was more of a quick prototype in
order to have a demo of the Python client rather than something meant to be
used in a production scenario. Of course with some work it could probably
be updated and made more "real".

You may also be interested in the 'kudu-ts' project that Dan Burkert
started: https://github.com/danburkert/kudu-ts

It provides an OpenTSDB-compatible interface on top of Kudu. Unfortunately
it's also somewhat incomplete but could provide a decent starting point for
a time series workload.

It would be great if you wanted to contribute to either the graphite-kudu
integration or kudu-ts. Neither is getting the love they deserve right now.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera