kudu-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: "broadcast" tablet replication for kudu?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 18:51:20 GMT
It's worth noting that, even if your table is replicated, Impala's planner
is unaware of this fact and it will give the same plan regardless. That is
to say, rather than every node scanning its local copy, instead a single
node will perform the whole scan (assuming it's a small table) and
broadcast it from there within the scope of a single query. So, I don't
think you'll see any performance improvements on Impala queries by
attempting something like an extremely high replication count.

I could see bumping the replication count to 5 for these tables since the
extra storage cost is low and it will ensure higher availability of the
important central tables, but I'd be surprised if there is any measurable
perf impact.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon