kudu-user mailing list archives

From Кравец Владимир Александрович <krav...@kamatech.ru>
Subject Limitations on total amount of data stored in one kudu table
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2018 09:15:48 GMT
Hi, I'm new to Kudu and I'm trying to understand the applicability for
our purposes. So I met the following article about the kudu limitations
-
https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/kudu_limitations.html#concept_cws_n4n_5z.

Do I understand correctly that this means that the maximum total amount
of usefull compressed stored data in one kudu-table  is 8TB? Here my calcs:
1. Amount of stored data per tablet = Recommended maximum amount of
stored data / Recommended maximum number of tablets per tablet server =
8 000 / 2 000 = 4 GB per tablet
2. Maximum number of tablets per table for each tablet server
pre-replication = Maximum number of tablets per table for each tablet
server is 60, post-replication / number of replicas = 60 / 3 = 20
tablets per table per tablet server
3. Total amount of stored data per table, pre-replication = Amount of
stored data per tablet * Maximum number of tablets per table for each
tablet server pre-replication *  Maximum number of tablet servers = 4 GB
* 20 * 100 = 8TB
And I also would like to understand how fundamental the nature of the
limitation "Maximum number of tablets per table for each tablet server
is 60, post-replication"? Is it possible that this restriction will be
removed?