kudu-user mailing list archives

From Clifford Resnick <cresn...@mediamath.com>
Subject Re: Spark Streaming + Kudu
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 03:58:52 GMT
I'll have to get back to you on the code bits, but I'm pretty sure we're doing simple sync
batching. We're not in production yet, but after some months of development I haven't seen
any failures, even when pushing load doing multiple years' backfill. I think the real question
is why are you losing tablet servers? The only instability we ever had with Kudu was when
it had that weird ntp sync issue that was fixed I think for 1.6. What version are you running?

Anyway I would think that infinite loop should be catchable somewhere. Our pipeline is set
to fail/retry with Flink snapshots. I imagine there is similar with Spark. Sorry I cant be
of more help!